List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 20 1999 9:19pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Server & Client Causes Reboot On Intel Solaris 2.6
View as plain text
"Sumbry][" wrote:

> Anyone else experienced this problem?  We have the mySQL client running on
> several platforms here, w/no problems, however under the Intel Solaris 2.6
> x86 platform, we get a problem where the client machines will just randomly
> reboot.  A query will be issued (via php3 cgi) and next thing we know, no
> core, no warning, the entire machine just reboots!
>
> I thought this was limited to the client, but we also had this happen under
> our server today as well.  This was not good, as we have tons of open
> tables, and when the database came back up, well I'm sure you can finish
> this story for me...
>
> We issue about 3-5 million queries a day on this server (it's a Quad PPro).
> We can't reliable reproduce this problem, although it does seem to happen
> around busier times on our db, when it's accepting connections from 3 or
> more machines.
>
> The worse part is that we don't get a core, we don't get anything logged..
> just reboot! As if someone had just decided to hit the reset switch on our
> server.
>
> >Environment:
>         <machine, os, target, libraries (multiple lines)>
> System: SunOS control 5.6 Generic_105182-04 i86pc i386 i86pc
> Architecture: i86pc
>
> Some paths:  /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/make /usr/local/bin/gcc
> GCC: Reading specs from
> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-solaris2.6/egcs-2.90.27/specs
> gcc version egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2 release)
> Compilation info: CC='gcc'  CFLAGS='-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer'  CXX='gcc'
>         CXXFLAGS='-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -felide-constructors
> -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti'  LDFLAGS=''
> Configure command: ./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
> '--with-comment=TCX binary'
>         --with-named-z-libs=not-used --disable-shared
> Perl: This is perl, version 5.004_04 built for i86pc-solaris
>
> -----
> Sumbry][ | Affinity Hosting | http://affinity.net | sumbry@stripped

Whatever MySQL does, the system should not reboot. If
everything is cool, but MySQL is at fault, you will see
99% CPU eathen up, hard disks going wild, segfaults and
other nasty things, but not a cold reboot.    Looks like
a hardware problem of some kind. Maybe there is an evil
gnome in your server room that pull a prank on you once
in a while by hitting the reset button :) ?

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)