List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 20 1999 9:05pm
Subject:Re: Tool for table design, modification etc.
View as plain text
pjsmith@stripped wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm fairly new to SQL.  After having lost a couple of tables completely
> after trying to add a few fields to an existing table using VB6's visual
> data manager through ODBC, I was wondering if there is any neat graphical
> tools for the easy designing, creating, and documenting of SQL databases and
> tables?
> Thanks.

Well, life is hard :) I am not aware of any, but command
line, text files, and Perl do the job for me :)

Not to start a Holy War, but I often feel trapped by
GUI. I need my command line, config file, and a magic
Perl script to feel in control, although I do use GUI
text editors, browsers and e-mail clients.

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
Tool for table design, modification etc.pjsmith20 May
  • Re: Tool for table design, modification etc.Sasha Pachev21 May