List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 20 1999 8:38pm
Subject:Re: Object Serialization...
View as plain text
Eduardo Arino de la Rubia wrote:

> ok... so I am not quite sure where it is I should send this to, so I will
> try here first.  I am writing a java application, in which a user has a
> "user object" associated with him.  I would like to be able to take this
> object, and it's current state, serialize it, and store it as a blob, so
> that the next time the user logged in he would be exactly where he left
> off... any ideas?
>
> --ed

This is more of a Java issue than MySQL. Here is how I
woudl approach it: store the serialized object in a file
with a unique name, and store the name of the file in
the database. Storing the object could be done with some
tricks in a blob, but storing it in a file is not only
easier, but will probably also improve performance.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)