List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:May 5 2000 5:15pm
Subject:Re: slashdot
View as plain text
Adam Powell (adam@stripped) writes:

> http://slashdot.org/articles/00/05/05/0920247.shtml
>
> Does anybody have any comments about this article? :)  They arent being very
> nice... (read below)...  my concern is with the last part, the table level
> locking... I have been told by some people that its our major bottleneck,
> however by reading the mySQL site it says that table level locking is better
> than row-level for some things...  and Im still not sure which is better.

It all depends on what you want to do.  I'd love for MySQL to implement row-
level-locking by default instead of table-level - it'd certainly speed things
up for web-based database access.  In fact, that's probably my #1 request for MySQL...
Thread
slashdotAdam Powell5 May
  • Re: slashdotVan5 May
    • Re: slashdotMark Maggelet5 May
  • Re: slashdotVan5 May
  • Re: MySQL University session on March 12: MySQL and ZFSTodd Lyons12 Mar
Re: slashdotEd Carp5 May
Re: slashdotEd Carp5 May
  • Re: slashdotDoug Chanco5 May
  • Re: slashdotsasha7 May