List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 20 1999 4:53am
Subject:Re: best way to wipe info
View as plain text
Xah Lee wrote:

> Many people suggested:
>
> > DELETE FROM tablename
>
> Please note that my question asked for how to delete a database, not a
> table. Linux ignoramuses, please pay attention.
>
> Here's the question again: What is the 'best' (i.e. proper, standard,
> scalable, expedient etc.) way to delete all info in a given database but
> keeps the schema? (in mysql)
>
> (Btw, I'm aware that one can delete certain files in mysql data directories
> as a solution. My question stands as it is.)

Write a perl script or a C program that will first execute "show
tables", then for each table execute "delete from $table"

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com
Thread
best way to wipe infoXah Lee19 May
Re: best way to wipe infoGraeme B. Davis19 May
  • Re: best way to wipe infoFraser MacKenzie19 May
    • Re: best way to wipe infoglen19 May
    • Re: best way to wipe infoPaul DuBois19 May
Re: best way to wipe infojkraai19 May
Re: best way to wipe infoPiet Wesselman19 May
Re: best way to wipe infounknown19 May
Re: best way to wipe infoXah Lee20 May
Re: best way to wipe infoSasha Pachev20 May
Re: best way to wipe infoThimble Smith20 May
Re: best way to wipe infoPaul DuBois20 May
Re: best way to wipe infoGraeme B. Davis20 May