List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Graeme B. Davis Date:May 19 1999 1:33pm
Subject:Re: best way to wipe info
View as plain text
How about:

delete from tablename;
delete from tablename2;

-Graeme

----- Original Message -----
From: Xah Lee <xah@stripped>
To: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 1999 5:34 AM
Subject: best way to wipe info

> What's the standard way to wipe out every info in the database but keeps
the
> schema?
>
> What I do now is to dump the database without data to a file, then drop
the
> database, then create it, then load it back from the file. (just learned
> from this mailing list)
>

> $mysqldump --no-data --password --host=server_name1 db_name >
file_full_path
> $mysqladmin --password --host=server_name1 --force drop db_name
> $mysqladmin --password --host=server_name1 create db_name
> $mysql --password --host=server_name1 db_name < file_full_path
>

> Are there alternative? and what's the 'proper' way?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Xah
> xah@stripped
> http://www.best.com/~xah/PageTwo_dir/more.html
>  "Windoz: a monstrous hack of greed;
>   unix: a monstrous hack of stupidity;
>   GNU: stamps out greed, stamps out stupidity."

best way to wipe infoXah Lee19 May
Re: best way to wipe infoGraeme B. Davis19 May
  • Re: best way to wipe infoFraser MacKenzie19 May
    • Re: best way to wipe infoglen19 May
    • Re: best way to wipe infoPaul DuBois19 May
Re: best way to wipe infojkraai19 May
Re: best way to wipe infoPiet Wesselman19 May
Re: best way to wipe infounknown19 May
Re: best way to wipe infoXah Lee20 May
Re: best way to wipe infoSasha Pachev20 May
Re: best way to wipe infoThimble Smith20 May
Re: best way to wipe infoPaul DuBois20 May
Re: best way to wipe infoGraeme B. Davis20 May