List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:April 27 2000 7:03pm
Subject:Re: Help: Table Locked at High Loading
View as plain text
In the last episode (Apr 27), benjamin-weiss said:
> > You can have paralled INSERT's and SELECT's if there are no deleted
> > rows in a table.
>
> I couldn't find this, I must be looking in the wrong place.  Once
> rows are deleted, do I need to commit them or something for the
> parallel INSERT's and SELECT's to work?

The solution is to never delete :)

What you could do is add another column, named "deleted", and set it to
1 when you want to "delete" a record.  Then every night ( or week, or
whatever), you can "delete from table1 where deleted=1", then do an
"optimize table table1" to collapse the deleted space out of the file.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped