List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:May 18 1999 9:38pm
Subject:Re: Out of memory using order by on 19 records!
View as plain text
On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 02:26:45PM -0700, Shafir wrote:
> I read somewhere that this might be possible by selecting into another
> (temporary) table and then running the select on that table.
>
> Can anyone help me on how to write the sql commands for that?

You need to first create a temporary table with all of the columns
that you want to select.

Then do:

INSERT INTO temporary_table (columnA, columnB, columnC)
SELECT columnA, columnB, columnC FROM the_table WHERE some_conditions

Then do:

SELECT columnA, columnB, columnC FROM temporary_table ORDER BY columnC

Tim
Thread
Out of memory using order by on 19 records!Shafir18 May
  • Re: Out of memory using order by on 19 records!Bill Rhodes18 May
    • Re: Out of memory using order by on 19 records!Shafir18 May
  • Re: Out of memory using order by on 19 records!Thimble Smith19 May
    • Re: Out of memory using order by on 19 records!Shafir19 May
      • Re: Out of memory using order by on 19 records!Thimble Smith19 May
        • Re: Out of memory using order by on 19 records!Shafir19 May
          • Re: Out of memory using order by on 19 records!Thimble Smith19 May
  • Out of memory using order by on 19 records!Michael Widenius24 May