List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brett Error Date:March 16 1999 10:35pm
Subject:table size
View as plain text
I have not been able to find this information in the manual.  How large of
tables can MySQL handle?  Linux puts the limit on file size at 2 GB (yes
there are work around for this, but I haven't seen any that aren't ugly
hacks).  Can MySQL work around this?  For example, PostgreSQL automatically
creates additional files when the table size nears 2GB.

Just curious if MySQL will take care of very large tables, or if I need to
make sure a table never exceeds the OS limit.

Thanks much!

Brett

Thread
table sizeBrett Error16 Mar