List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darrell Shifflett Date:May 18 1999 4:43pm
Subject:Re: move schemas across hosts
View as plain text
On Tue, 18 May 1999, Charles Kirby wrote:

> Tell me if I'm right folks... if I want to copy my database over to
> another Unix machine, I stop the interface first, then simply ftp all the
> contents of ~data/mydatabase over to ~/data/mydatabase on the other
> machine.  Flush tables; flush privileges, etc., and it's done!  Anything
> wrong with this??  Of course, I do the same for ~data/mysql also.

mysqldump -u root -pyour_pass -hOLDserver db_name | \
mysql -u root -pyour_pass -hNEWserver db_name

REMEMBER! create database db_name;    on new machine first.

This will transfer the db in question to the new machine.
Works for me.

cheers,

Thread
move schemas across hostsXah Lee18 May
Re: move schemas across hostsCharles Kirby18 May
  • Re: move schemas across hostsDarrell Shifflett18 May
Re: move schemas across hostsjkraai18 May