List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Miller Date:May 18 1999 2:01pm
Subject:Understanding Table Locking
View as plain text
I have read that --skip-locking is enabled by default on Linux systems
because of a bug in the Linux file locking mechanism.  This leads me to
wonder about when locking is important with MySQL.

I have one MySQL daemon running on Slackware Linux 2.2.5.  There are several
tables and many client machines, but there are two clients that both INSERT
into the same large (+3 million records) table multiple times per second.
This table becomes corrupt somewhat regularly.  Is there potentially a
problem with more than one MySQL thread updating the table at the same time?
Or does MySQL handle preventing this sort of problem?

Thanks,

Jay Miller
Socket Internet Services
Columbia, MO, US

Thread
Understanding Table LockingJay Miller18 May
  • Re: Understanding Table LockingChristian Mack18 May
    • Re: Understanding Table Lockingunknown18 May
      • Re: Understanding Table LockingErik E Rantapaa19 May
        • Re: Understanding Table LockingPaul DuBois19 May
      • Re: Understanding Table LockingMichael Widenius24 May