List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 24 2000 6:59pm
Subject:Re: bin/safe_mysqld & hangs
View as plain text
Phil Scheminger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running MySql 3.22.26a on Solaris 2.6 (Sparc) and my problem is that
> issuing the safe_mysqld & command starts the server ok and displays the
> message that it has started, but then it hangs. The only way to get back to
> the command line prompt is to press the enter key. Any other key pressed is
> echoed to the screen. We have been starting the server manually so this
> hasn't been a problem, but would like to put it in our start-up scripts to
> run and concerned that our system will hang the same way on startup.

The command line prompt has already displayed by the time mysqld displays the
started message.
You are in command mode.
The keys echoed to the screen are echoed by the shell as normal input.
Next time you start safe_mysqld, enter "ls" after the started message, and you
will
see  that everything is ok.

Thread
bin/safe_mysqld & hangsPhil Scheminger24 Apr
  • Re: bin/safe_mysqld & hangsGerald Clark24 Apr
  • Re: bin/safe_mysqld & hangssinisa25 Apr