List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:April 24 2000 2:59pm
Subject:Re: MYSQL AND PERL ON WIN98 WITH PERSONAL WEB ??????
View as plain text
The problem you are having is because the latest version of Activestate
perl does not have all modules available yet.  If you use an older version,
you would have no trouble.  Once you get Perl installed, you do have to
edit the registry to get the perl scripts recognized by Personal Web Server.

Stop the Personal Web Server.
To edit the registry, start \windows\system32\regedt32.exe
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SYSTEM - CurrentControlSet - Services - W3SVC -
Parameters - Script Map
Then, Edit, Add Value: .pl type REG_SZ with string
c:\apps\perl\bin\perl.exe %s %s.
Exit regedt32.exe and restart the PWS.

>Rob,
>
>I, for one, don't have a linux machine at home - yet ;-).  My company
>has seen fit to give me an IBM laptop running Win98 for my desktop and
>for when I travel so using it to do my projects would make sense...
>
>However, perl on Win32 platform needs more work.  I tried to get the
>latest activestate distro to work but to no avail.  I then tried to
>compile the 5.6 activestate distro, also to no avail.  Someone pointed
>out a ppm for DBD-mysql but it seems that it is no longer in existence.
>
>I've also tried to install the compiled binary of perl/dbi/modperl that
>is linked off of mysql.com but that is compiled in such a way that it
>will only allow you to install it in C:\PERL - wouldn't be a problem
>except my C: drive is near full...
>
>I fully agree with you about using *NIX...  UNIX/Linux makes a better,
>more flexible development platform than Win32...  But, alas, sometimes
>we have to work with what we are dealt :(
>
>Robert Canary wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm, ..........
>> loaded perl .........
>> loaded mysql ........
>> runing a web server ................
>>
>> why do you not run a Linux box and 95% of your problems might disappear.
 It seems to me you are trying to make a Win machine into a Un*x
>> box.
>>
>> Just a thought ;-)
>>
>> officeware wrote:
>>
>> > I downloaded  Mysql DBI and DBD ( Perl-5.00502-mswin32-1.1-x86 )
>> > on site of MYSQL.COM, but I have problems with PERSONAL WEB SERVER,
running ASP. How to Configure to running the scripts with  PWS.????
>> > Atencion:  I dont use the ActivePerl-5.6.0.613.
>> >
>> > Help to me,
>> > Leandro
>>
>> --
>> robert canary
>> system services
>> OhioCounty.Net
>> rwcanary@stripped
>> (270)298-9331 Office
>> (270)298-7449 Fax
>>
>> --
>
>--
>Mr. Erich L. Markert                     emarkert@stripped
>Computer Learning Center		 TEL (914)422-4328
>Pace University
>1 Martine Ave
>White Plains, New York 10606-1932
>
>Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
>                -- Henry Spencer
>
>--

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
MYSQL AND PERL ON WIN98 WITH PERSONAL WEB ??????officeware23 Apr
  • Re: MYSQL AND PERL ON WIN98 WITH PERSONAL WEB ??????Robert Canary24 Apr
  • Re: MYSQL AND PERL ON WIN98 WITH PERSONAL WEB ??????Erich L. Markert24 Apr
  • Re: MYSQL AND PERL ON WIN98 WITH PERSONAL WEB ??????Robert Canary25 Apr
  • Re: MYSQL AND PERL ON WIN98 WITH PERSONAL WEB ??????Erich L. Markert25 Apr
  • Re: MYSQL AND PERL ON WIN98 WITH PERSONAL WEB ??????sasha25 Apr
  • Re: MYSQL AND PERL ON WIN98 WITH PERSONAL WEB ??????Erich L. Markert25 Apr
Re: MYSQL AND PERL ON WIN98 WITH PERSONAL WEB ??????Christopher R. Jones24 Apr