List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Capchap Date:April 22 2000 8:37pm
Subject:consolidated question/redirection
View as plain text
Originally had a question about how to implement PHP on local workstation..
Thought I was informed (maybe by outside this list) that Perl was the answer.

I have since downloaded (and installed InstMsi and ActivePerl-5.6.0.613 from
www.avtivestate.com. (I didn't notice anything about CGI or PHP)

At any rate, I still can not properly view my .cgi files. all the CGI script
shows as un-intrepreted text.  I will eventually want to view (properly) my
php stuff but that's an issue for another day.

What software/drivers do I need to install on my win-95 workstation to
properly display .cgi files during page development phases. where do I get
the software/drivers?

The culmination of all this is so I can use 'template' thml/cgi files for
view/selection page creation to call PHP pages for DB query produce the
results on pages built 'on the fly' from external data & db data.

des :)

Thread
consolidated question/redirectionCapchap23 Apr