List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:May 18 1999 2:03am
Subject:Re: Parsing of Mail files into a Database
View as plain text
Daniel E. White wrote:

> At 8:47 PM -0400 5/17/99, Van wrote:
> >> Why not use procmail and Perl to do the job ?
> >> procmail can filter by the "From" line, and it can call a perl script
> >> which can then do the mySql magic.
> >Sure, Ben.  Quick question:  How do I do a procmail -m -H <
> >/home/luser/Mail/Inbox just to get the raw header?
> >Any ideas?
> >Van
>
> Procmail dumps the whole incoming message into Perl.
>
> Use Perl to parse what you want.
> --
Ben,
Thanks for the tip.  I've got the necessary mods built into my Perl
implementation (home-rolled, and, all seems well at:

  Built under linux
  Compiled at May  2 1999 00:32:34
  @INC:
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i586-linux
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i586-linux
    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
Running on linux Slackware 3.6, kernel 2.2.6.

Thimble Smith, threw me a perl script, I'm gonna toy with to see if it
works.  I believe I'm set for now.
thanks all for the very responsive assistance.  Will toss the tool back
out here, once I'm through it.

Regards,
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
Per User Password AdministrationVan13 May
  • Per User Password AdministrationMichael Widenius13 May
  • Re: Per User Password AdministrationChristian Mack14 May
  • PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationVan16 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password Administration (Never Mind)Van16 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationSasha Pachev17 May
    • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User PasswordAdministrationShafir17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationVan17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User PasswordAdministrationVan17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationSasha Pachev17 May
  • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseVan18 May
    • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseMichael Widenius22 May
    • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseMichael Widenius22 May
  • Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Van18 May
    • Re: Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Thimble Smith18 May
  • Re: Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Van19 May
Re: Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseVan18 May
  • Re: Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseDaniel E. White18 May