List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:April 22 2000 2:12pm
Subject:Re: Getting Query for Checkboxes
View as plain text
Thanks for the reply and I think I can get that to work for me.  Actually, the
first form will be filled out for each lab so I will only grab one field which
will be the join for the two tables - probably the lab building abbreviation and
room number eg. wey210  - So I will prabably use a fetch row array to grab the
joiner field and also the actual lab name - Maybe a hash array would be nice so
that on the second form I can display the actual name of the lab, but pass only
the joiner field along with the checkbox info.

Would you use a hash array on this? or just call from the database?
Here is what I think I can do in the second form:
my $dbh = Mysql->connect("localhost", "database", $username, $password);
my $sth = $dbh->Query("select field1 from first_table")
or die $Mysql::db_errstr;

my @arr=();
while (@arr = $sth->fetchrow)
{
($field1)=@arr;
$field1=$field1;
print $query->checkbox (-name=>$field1, -value=>'checked':'')$field1;
}

Ok, but I do I link the checked/unchecked to each individual field1?  Because
when I query the
all the labs that have certain software I want to retrieve a list of labs with
checkboxes next to them.
so I need to relate the labname with the checkbox in the second table - instead
of checked and unchecked can I have field1 and nothing?  so that the checkboxes
value will be the lab name?

Thanks for all the help.

Douglas

benjamin-weiss wrote:

> [...]

Thread
Getting Query for CheckboxesDouglas Brantz22 Apr
  • RE: Getting Query for Checkboxesbenjamin-weiss22 Apr
    • Re: Getting Query for CheckboxesDouglas Brantz22 Apr
      • RE: Getting Query for Checkboxesbenjamin-weiss22 Apr