List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brandon Pulsipher Date:March 16 1999 8:13pm
Subject:open_files limit?
View as plain text
We are running  mysql 3.22.16a-gamma on a Linux 2.2.3 kernel, patched with
Alan Cox's ac1 patch.  This allows us to increase the file handle limit.  We
have set the limit to several thousand, and increased the table_cache to
1024.  Things seem to be going OK, but when I do a show status, I see this:

| Open_tables              | 1023   |
| Open_files               | 113    |
| Open_streams             | 0      |
| Opened_tables            | 7037   |

Open_files never gets above about 115.  Is mysql really taking advantage of
our improvements on the file handle limit?  If not, how can we make it?

Thank you.

-Brandon

Thread
How do I work around lack of UNION in MySQL?skip16 Mar
  • Re: How do I work around lack of UNION in MySQL?Thimble Smith16 Mar
  • How do I work around lack of UNION in MySQL?Michael Widenius16 Mar
    • open_files limit?Brandon Pulsipher16 Mar
      • open_files limit?Michael Widenius16 Mar
      • Re: open_files limit?Matthias Pigulla17 Mar
RE: open_files limit?Robin Bowes17 Mar