List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Johnson Date:May 18 1999 12:17am
Subject:Database distribution
View as plain text
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there has ever figured out how to distribute their data
across multiple database instances.  What I'm kind of looking for is a RAID array for my
database, so that I can load balance the work across multiple CPUs and have error
failover in the case that one machine goes down.  Any MySQL solutions?  Any other out of
the box solutions?

I am betting this is a very hard problem to solve but at my database's/service's current
rate of growth I am going to run out of database CPU cycles in a matter of months...

Thanks,

DJ

Thread
Database distributionDavid Johnson18 May
  • Re: Database distributionSasha Pachev18 May
    • Re: Database distributionunknown18 May
      • Re: Database distributionBenjamin Grosman18 May
        • Re: Database distributionMichael Widenius24 May
      • Re: Database distributionSasha Pachev24 May
RE: Database distributionPete Lancashire24 May
Re: Database distribution(David Sklar)24 May