List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:May 17 1999 11:44pm
Subject:Parsing of Mail files into a Database
View as plain text
Looking for unix mail scripting wizards, here.  Much like probably most
of you, my nsmail (or other mail folder) is 127 meg at this point, and
has some 25,000 messages in it.  I keep it around and archive it for
reference purposes, but, obviously the tools to find info are slow and
lacking.  Alas!  What a great service would be a script that would parse
these files/folders into records in a MySQL database for quick searches
and cross-referencing of info.

Alright, off my Marketing Pulpit, but, this seems too useful for there
not to be a script guru out there who has such a parsing tool, that can
at least put it into a row-by-row file with all mail headers in-tact for
ease of loading into a mysql table.

Anyone have such a script?  Hopefully, yes.  Otherwise, I'm getting
started.  The server I'm doing my Time Billing programming system died
on me at 5:15 when the ISP's modem pool got struck by a power-outage.
>:(  Gotta work on something.
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
Per User Password AdministrationVan13 May
  • Per User Password AdministrationMichael Widenius13 May
  • Re: Per User Password AdministrationChristian Mack14 May
  • PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationVan16 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password Administration (Never Mind)Van16 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationSasha Pachev17 May
    • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User PasswordAdministrationShafir17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationVan17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User PasswordAdministrationVan17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationSasha Pachev17 May
  • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseVan18 May
    • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseMichael Widenius22 May
    • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseMichael Widenius22 May
  • Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Van18 May
    • Re: Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Thimble Smith18 May
  • Re: Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Van19 May
Re: Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseVan18 May
  • Re: Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseDaniel E. White18 May