List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 17 1999 4:32pm
Subject:Re: DBI - DOES NOT WORK ON WEBSEERVER !!!
View as plain text
christopher sagayam wrote:

> HELLO
> I AM USING LINUX , APACHE , MYSQL 3.22.22
> I HAVE SUCESSFULLY COMPILED MYSQL AND AM USING IT.
> I WROTE A PERL PROGRAM USING DBI.
> IT WORKS PERFECTLY WHEN I RUN IT USING 'PERL myprog.PL'.
> I HAVE USED THE FOLLOWINg STEPS :-
> 1) DBI->CONNECT("DBI:mysql:mydatabase:localhost:3306").
> 2) sql statemant
> 3) prepare statement
> 4) bind column statement
> 5) fetch statement.
>
> But when I run it using APACHE server .
>
> Till step 2 it is running ok .
> Then it shows some errors in step3.
> It is not moving beyond step 2.
>
> There is an error in the PREPARE and BIND statements.
> The very SAME staements work fine when I run the program in the command
> line.
>
> please HELP !!!!!!
>
> christopher
>
> christopher_sagx@stripped

Are you sure the script sends the same query in CGI as
it does when you run it from the command line?

What is the diagnostic message?

Speaking of diagnostic messages, I would like to remind
everyone on the list to read them, ponder them, revere
them and if that still does not help, post to the list
and honour the diagnostic message by posting it. That
would help us solve the problems a lot faster!

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)