List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 17 1999 4:27pm
Subject:Re: mod_auth_mysql as DSO for apache?
View as plain text
Thomas Lund wrote:

> Slightly off topic
>
> Has anyone succeded in building the mod_auth_mysql module as a DSO for
> apache? When I compile it with apxs it spews out a few warnings, but
> compiles, but Apache stops running when the module is included.
>
> The author wrote me back and told me he hasn't tested it with DSO and
> doesn't like DSO - so he will not do anything about it as it seems.
>
> /Thomas

Here is your opportunity to take advantage of the open
source concept. Figure out what the warnings are, patch
the code to remove them, figure out why apache dies with
some diagnosic tools ( gdb, on Linux - strace, on other
systems I am sure there are equivalents), patch the code
to fix the problem, and it'll work great! You cannot do
that with $$$ software :)

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)