List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:March 16 1999 7:35pm
Subject:Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?
View as plain text
On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 07:35:51PM +0100, Jochen Haeberle wrote:
> I have found the chapter 17.1.3, thank you for the tip! But I cannot
> make use of this information. If I get this right, this documenting
> the c API, but I am looking for a way to do this using SQL, as I am
> working on a Webproject that offers execution of SQL statements
> through the mySQL Unix socket.

See the description of LAST_INSERT_ID(), as in this example:

`LAST_INSERT_ID([expr])'
     Returns the last automatically-generated value that was set in an
     `AUTO_INCREMENT' column.  *Note `mysql_insert_id()':
     mysql_insert_id.

          mysql> select LAST_INSERT_ID();
                  -> 1

Tim
Thread
Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Robert Hazeltine15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Ed Carp15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen16 Mar
    • Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
      • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
        • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
          • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Micheal Mc Evoy16 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Ed Carp17 Mar