List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Haeberle Date:March 16 1999 6:35pm
Subject:Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?
View as plain text
Hi Tim,

At 9:35 Uhr -0700 16.03.1999, Thimble Smith wrote:
>> I have a table "Items" that has a column ID which is autoincrementing
>> and my primary key. Is there any way to know the ID for a new row to
>> this table?
>
> It's easy to do with the mysql_insert_id() function.  Please do
> read the manual - this is referenced right next to the information
> about auto_increment!

I have found the chapter 17.1.3, thank you for the tip! But I cannot
make use of this information. If I get this right, this documenting
the c API, but I am looking for a way to do this using SQL, as I am
working on a Webproject that offers execution of SQL statements
through the mySQL Unix socket.

Jochen
Thread
Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Robert Hazeltine15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Ed Carp15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen16 Mar
    • Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
      • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
        • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
          • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Micheal Mc Evoy16 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Ed Carp17 Mar