List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harry Brueckner Date:April 18 2000 1:47pm
Subject:Re: ORDER BY problem
View as plain text
Hi Sinisa,

-- On 18.04.00 15:00 +0300 sinisa@stripped wrote:
> Harry Brueckner writes:
>  > I am running MySQL 3.23.6a and 3.23.14a, both on RH Linux and I have a
>  > problem with an ORDER BY statement with both versions.
>  >
>  > CREATE TABLE scanuri (
>  >   ID int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
>  >   URI char(250) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>  >   Depth smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
>  >   LastURI char(250) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>  >   LastLastmodified int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
>  >   PRIMARY KEY (URI),
>  >   KEY ID (ID)
>  > );
>  >
>  > Sometimes (but regularly) it happens that a statement like
>  > SELECT * FROM scanuri ORDER BY ID
>  > does not return any rows. After a few modifications (adding new or
>  removing  > old lines) it works fine again. Even dumping the table and
>  recreating it  > makes it work again.

> Check your table(s) with (my)isamchk when this occurs.

I did this and I get myisamchk reports like

warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly
and

I get this stuff every few hours and its impossible to shutdown the
production server every now and then to repair tables which takes about 30
minutes.
Where do those problems come from and what can I do to prevent this?

BTW, I already tried to created the tables with "CHECKSUM=1" but it didnt
change anything.

Thanks for your help.

Harry

Thread
ORDER BY problemHarry Brueckner17 Apr
  • Re: ORDER BY problemsinisa18 Apr
    • Re: ORDER BY problemHarry Brueckner18 Apr