List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harry Brueckner Date:April 17 2000 7:48pm
Subject:ORDER BY problem
View as plain text
Hello,

I am running MySQL 3.23.6a and 3.23.14a, both on RH Linux and I have a
problem with an ORDER BY statement with both versions.

The table I use is like this:

CREATE TABLE scanuri (
  ID int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
  URI char(250) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  Depth smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
  LastURI char(250) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  LastLastmodified int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (URI),
  KEY ID (ID)
);

Sometimes (but regularly) it happens that a statement like
SELECT * FROM scanuri ORDER BY ID
does not return any rows. After a few modifications (adding new or removing
old lines) it works fine again. Even dumping the table and recreating it
makes it work again.

What is the problem with this? Any ideas?

Harry

Thread
ORDER BY problemHarry Brueckner17 Apr
  • Re: ORDER BY problemsinisa18 Apr
    • Re: ORDER BY problemHarry Brueckner18 Apr