List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:May 16 1999 6:02pm
Subject:PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password Administration
View as plain text
Well, I've gotten through the authentication mechanics, and, although
Monty and several others posted some simple but usefull techniques to
create user authentication for a Web-Enabled time sheet application, I
decided to create a separate database and table for the users, for
several reasons.  Most important was to keep the mysql user tables out
of harms way.
Problem I'm having is variables getting set but, not staying alive after
authentication is successful.  This may be a little off topic, but, if
anyone knows a way to keep user-defined variables alive while going from
page to page, I could sure use a tip.  If anyone's interested, I could
send source code for the authentication scheme.
Regards,
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
Per User Password AdministrationVan13 May
  • Per User Password AdministrationMichael Widenius13 May
  • Re: Per User Password AdministrationChristian Mack14 May
  • PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationVan16 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password Administration (Never Mind)Van16 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationSasha Pachev17 May
    • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User PasswordAdministrationShafir17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationVan17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User PasswordAdministrationVan17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationSasha Pachev17 May
  • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseVan18 May
    • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseMichael Widenius22 May
    • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseMichael Widenius22 May
  • Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Van18 May
    • Re: Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Thimble Smith18 May
  • Re: Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Van19 May
Re: Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseVan18 May
  • Re: Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseDaniel E. White18 May