List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:May 16 1999 3:23pm
Subject:Re: Interdev and MySQL
View as plain text
Sasha Pachev wrote:

> Barry Hillier wrote:
> >
> > I'm new to web development and am currently using interdev and mssqlserver can I
> replace mssqlserver with MySQL
> >
> > Thanks in Advance
> >
> > Barry
> >

> What is interdev?
>
> MS-SQL server is always good replace with MySQL, if you ask me, but I am
> prejudiced :)
>
> As far as whether this is technically feasible, the answer is probably
> yes, but it would help if you provided more info on the kind of
> application you want to have, and the kind you have now.
>
> --
> Sasha Pachev
> http://www.sashanet.com

Sasha,
I believe Barry is refering to MicroSoft InterDev Studio and/or IIS
(probably with FrontPage Extensions).  If that's the case, there is a
FrontPage implementation for Apache.  However, the programming is
largely in VScript, which looks a lot like PHP, but, is different enough
that some fairly extensive rewriting of applications would be necessary.
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
Interdev and MySQLBarry Hillier16 May
  • Re: Interdev and MySQLSasha Pachev16 May
  • Re: Interdev and MySQLVan16 May