List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:May 16 1999 11:51am
Subject:Re: moving database from one server to another
View as plain text
Will your suggestion work across platforms?  I would not think so.  I have
a database on NT and the same one on Solaris, I have been using tab files
and LOAD DATA INFILE... to transfer.

>Just tar.gz the $MYSQL/data/db_name move it over and
>untar.gz it, that's all, uness you have some privilige
>issues. In the latter case, update mysql tables
>accordingly.
>
>--
>Sasha Pachev
>http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
>http://www.direct1.com/ (work)

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
moving database from one server to anotherJohn Miller15 May
  • Re: moving database from one server to anotherSasha Pachev15 May
  • RE: moving database from one server to anothernkolb15 May
Re: moving database from one server to anotherChristopher R. Jones16 May
  • Re: moving database from one server to anotherSasha Pachev16 May
    • Re: moving database from one server to anotherPaul DuBois16 May