List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 13 2000 5:45pm
Subject:Re: RE: C/C++ Book ...
View as plain text
At 10:59 AM -0500 04-13-2000, Ed Carp wrote:
>PHILLIPS, CORY H. (JSC-OA) (cory.h.phillips1@stripped) writes:
>
>>  Take a look at the book "MySQL" published by NewRiders by Paul DuBois.
>>  It has a C API reference in it.

You mean I left something out of the book?

Anyway, the book has a longish chapter (~50 pages) on the C API and how
to use it, and a reference appendix describing the API data types and
functions.  The appendix is in the same spirit as the C API chapter in
the MySQL Reference Manual.  The chapter is not - it's written in
narrative, tutorial form, showing how to develop several client programs
in terms of the issues you face when doing so and how to deal with
them.

The book isn't free, of course, but the sample code is available online,
and it may prove useful for those trying to figure out how to use the
C API.  It's available at the MySQL Web site:

	http://www.mysql.com/Contrib/Examples/

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread