List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:March 16 1999 4:35pm
Subject:Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?
View as plain text
On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 02:56:51PM +0100, Jochen Haeberle wrote:
> I am no SQL professional so I am struggling with the following:
>
> I have a table "Items" that has a column ID which is autoincrementing
> and my primary key. Is there any way to know the ID for a new row to
> this table?

It's easy to do with the mysql_insert_id() function.  Please do
read the manual - this is referenced right next to the information
about auto_increment!

Tim
Thread
Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Robert Hazeltine15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Ed Carp15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen16 Mar
    • Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
      • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
        • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
          • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Micheal Mc Evoy16 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Ed Carp17 Mar