List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cheng-Wei Cheng Date:May 14 1999 8:18pm
Subject:[OT?] multi-select & data architecture question
View as plain text
Hi all
   I would like to get some comments from
everyone who read this message.

   I use multi-select control in my form class.
However I am undecided on how I should output the
select insert delete and update string with multi-select
value.

   Currently my plan is to simply implode and explode.
So even when it is a multi-select value it is still a
single record in the table. My main concern is when
I need to scale up the complexity of the control.  E.g.
referential integrity or one to many relationship.
The simple way of implode and explode will not work.

   So if anyone has any great ideas please let me know.

Thank you for your time
Cheng

Thread
experienced PHP3/MySQL developers neededmatthew mcglynn14 May
  • [OT?] multi-select & data architecture questionCheng-Wei Cheng15 May