List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 16 1999 2:28pm
Subject:RE: Limiting number of connections to database for a user
View as plain text
>>>>> "Tauren" == Tauren Mills <tauren@stripped> writes:

Tauren> I would certainly be interested in this.  Alternatively, is there a way to
Tauren> get some sort of status report that shows the maximum simultaneous
Tauren> connections that a user had at any given time.  I'm envisioning something
Tauren> that keeps a counter of the maximum used until a command is sent to reset
Tauren> the counters.  I suppose just adding a limit would be easier.  Would it be
Tauren> best to store the connection limit allowed for each user in the User table?

Tauren> Tauren

Hi!

If the limit is to be done at user bases, the best place to store this
is in the mysql.user table.

It would also be quite easy to add a counter the MySQL users;  You can take
a look at the sql/hostname.cc file to do this very efficiently.

One could flush this easily with a 'flush users' command. (Check how
'flush hosts' i implemented)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Limiting number of connections to database for a userTauren Mills16 Mar
  • Limiting number of connections to database for a userMichael Widenius16 Mar
    • RE: Limiting number of connections to database for a userTauren Mills16 Mar
      • RE: Limiting number of connections to database for a userMichael Widenius16 Mar
  • Re: MySQL 4.1.12 has been releasedDan Bolser16 May
    • Re: MySQL 4.1.12 has been releasedMatt Wagner16 May
  • Re: MySQL 4.1.12 has been releasedJan Pieter Kunst16 May
    • Re: MySQL 4.1.12 has been releasedMatt Wagner16 May