List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 14 1999 4:19pm
Subject:TEXT/BLOB problems under RedHat 6.0 on DEC Alpha AS/800 server
View as plain text
>>>>> "zager" == zager  <zager@stripped> writes:

zager> 	After installing 6.0 I have encountered problems with tables
zager>         which contains field of TEXT/BLOB data type
zager>         First sign of problems was error msg. "ERROR:2032: Lost connection
zager>         to MySQL server during query due to error1" when I try to
zager>         select from such a table.
zager>         isamchk reports lots of information about various error in table
zager>         and dies with core dumped while attepts to recover this file
zager>         mysqldump also can't backup such a table

>> How-To-Repeat:

>> Fix:
zager> 	alter field type to varchar(255) if it possible
zager>         switch back to RedHat 5.2

<cut>

zager> System: Linux dragon.comstar.ltd 2.2.6 #2 Thu May 13 19:41:52 GMT 1999 alpha
> unknown
zager> Architecture: alpha

Hi!

It sounds like there is again some trouble with glibc on Alpha Linux :(
I am quite sure that MySQL works on RedHat 6.0 Intel;  I hope that
some Linux-Alpha hacker will be able to found it what's wrong the
RedHat 6.0 Alpha version.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
TEXT/BLOB problems under RedHat 6.0 on DEC Alpha AS/800 serverzager14 May
  • TEXT/BLOB problems under RedHat 6.0 on DEC Alpha AS/800 serverMichael Widenius14 May