List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 10 2000 4:29pm
Subject:RE: Compile and Link C program Question
View as plain text
At 10:50 AM -0500 04-10-2000, PHILLIPS, CORY H. (JSC-OA wrote:
>Wow, thanks for the reply Paul.  I have really enjoyed your book.  It's laid
>out very well and easy to use.  I have learned alot.  I have used O'Reilly's
>"MySQL & mSQL" as well, but I like your book better.  It covers more depth.
>I would recommend it to anyone using MySQL.
>
>I'm using Linux (RedHat 6.0) on Intel.  I'm not sure of the version of my
>gcc compiler.  I'm guessing you realize I'm using your examples from the
>first few pages from the chapter covering the C API.
>
>I have tried adding the path to the ld.so.conf file.  Someone else, Jeremy
>Cole, suggested this, although I did not know to issue the ldconfig command
>afterward.  I will have to try the ldconfig command.

That will probably do it.  You'll need to be root to modify /etc/ld.so.conf
and to run the ldconfig command.

>I have also gotten this suggestion:
>>>  try to adding -ln at the end of the line

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Compile and Link C program QuestionJSC-OA)10 Apr
  • Re: Compile and Link C program QuestionJeremy Cole10 Apr
Re: Compile and Link C program QuestionPaul DuBois10 Apr
RE: Compile and Link C program QuestionJSC-OA)10 Apr
  • Re: Compile and Link C program QuestionJeremy Cole11 Apr
RE: Compile and Link C program QuestionPaul DuBois10 Apr
RE: Compile and Link C program QuestionJSC-OA)12 Apr