List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 10 2000 3:44pm
Subject:Re: Grant Tables
View as plain text
At 10:28 AM -0500 04-10-2000, Hattan, Eric wrote:
>I recently installed mysql (3.22.21) on our Cobalt server (Cobalt
>Linux release 4.0 (Fargo) Kernal 2.0.34 and I cannot get to mysqladmin
>to change the access rights.  I do not have the authority to grant
>GRANT privileges and cannot figure out how to get to it.  I have read
>the online material and purchased an O'Rielly book, but everything I
>have read assumes that you can get there, and I cannot.  I'm new to
>both Linux and MySQL and I need help.

What do you mean by you "cannot get to mysqladmin"?  You can't find the
program?  You can find it, but cannot run it?  You run it and it spits
out an error message?  If so, what is the message?

We can't tell you what is wrong without knowing what you've tried and
what happened.  Please provide more information.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread