List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 10 2000 3:07pm
Subject:Re: mysql_insert_id() function???
View as plain text
At 11:47 AM -0300 04-10-2000, cristiano@stripped wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
>  I use this function:
>
>  mysql_insert_id()
>
>  My problem is:
>
>  If I had two or more INSERT`s in same time, what this function return?
>
>  PS: I had a AUTO_INCREMENT column.
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Cristiano

I assume you are wondering what happens if two different clients
insert a row into the table at the same time?

Answer: each client will get back the ID generated for the row
it inserted; they will not interfere with each other, because
mysql_insert_id() returns a client-specific value.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread