List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:April 8 2000 4:11pm
Subject:Re: need help on the PASSWORD() !!
View as plain text
I am just starting a Perl/CGI/MySQL WEB application that requires users to
log on with a password.  My understanding is that the client browser
transmits the password field at plain text and that this is insecure.  Is
there a way to make the logon proceedure more secure?

Thanks
Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
need help on the PASSWORD() !!Tom Walter8 Apr
  • Re: need help on the PASSWORD() !!Benjamin Pflugmann8 Apr
  • Re: need help on the PASSWORD() !!Thimble Smith8 Apr
  • Re: need help on the PASSWORD() !!Tonu Samuel8 Apr
Re: need help on the PASSWORD() !!Christopher R. Jones8 Apr
  • Re: need help on the PASSWORD() !!sinisa8 Apr