List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 6 2000 6:13am
Subject:Re: Access Rights
View as plain text
At 12:58 AM -0500 2000-04-06, Jason D. Runyan wrote:
>I am having serious problems adding new users on a system with a fresh
>install of MySQL.  I have used the grant commands and tried to add users to
>the system using SQL with no luck.  If I don't create a user with a password
>I can access the client, but cannot connect to any databases, even if I have
>added them to the db table.  I am at a loss of what to do.  I have the
>ability to create databases using root, but that isn't smart for production.
>I am working on a non-production machine so I can lose any info that is in
>the databases that are on it.. Could anyone help me with this, I have
>already gone to the documentation, and read their bit on this as well as
>read the sections the O'Rielly book on MySQL.

You haven't shown us your GRANT statements, so it's difficult to
comment on why they didn't work.  Did you grant the CREATE privilege?

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Does mySQL support unicode?Goeran Zaengerlein2 Apr
  • Writing an XML gateway server to MySQL - any Advice???Matthew Clark2 Apr
    • Re: Writing an XML gateway server to MySQL - any Advice???Gary Bickford5 Apr
      • Access RightsJason D. Runyan6 Apr
        • Re: Access RightsPaul DuBois6 Apr
          • RE: Access RightsJason D. Runyan7 Apr
            • RE: Access Rightssinisa7 Apr
              • RE: Access RightsJason D. Runyan7 Apr
                • Re: Access RightsThimble Smith7 Apr
  • Re: Does mySQL support unicode?Thimble Smith2 Apr
    • Re: Does mySQL support unicode?Goeran Zaengerlein2 Apr
  • Re: Does mySQL support unicode?sinisa2 Apr
RE: Does mySQL support unicode?Tom Emerson3 Apr