List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 13 1999 8:15am
Subject:ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)
View as plain text
>>>>> "rmcintos" == rmcintos  <rmcintos@stripped>
> writes:

rmcintos> # mysql -u root mysql
rmcintos> ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)
rmcintos> This is right after running the mysql_install_db
rmcintos> If i run
rmcintos> # mysql -u root mysql -p
rmcintos> Enter password: XXXXXXXX
rmcintos> Reading table information for completion of table and column names
rmcintos> You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

rmcintos> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
rmcintos> Your MySQL connection id is 92 to server version: 3.22.22

rmcintos> Type 'help' for help.

mysql> quit
rmcintos> Bye

rmcintos> <the password i used was my unix password for root>

MySQL doesn't automaticly set a password for the root user.  Are you
sure you didn't execute:

mysqladmin password 'root-password' at any time?

As the system (root) password has nothing to do with the MySQL
password, you MUST have supplied it to MySQL at some stage.

rmcintos> _____ next...

rmcintos> [root@infobox /root]# mysql -root -h infobox mysql
rmcintos> ERROR 1130: Host 'infobox.fm.intel.com' is not allowed to connect to this
rmcintos> MySQL server

To get this to work, you must add an entry with the above host to the
mysql.user table.

For example:

shell> mysql -u root -p mysql
xxxxxx

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on *.* to root@stripped identified by
'your-mysql-password';
mysql> quit

You can find more about this topic in the MySQL manual, section
'Access denided'

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us that we can
afford to keep this service up.   http://www.mysql.com/

Thread
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)rmcintos13 May
  • ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)Michael Widenius13 May