List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shafir Date:May 13 1999 7:24am
Subject:Re: Multiple CPU Questions
View as plain text
Q: Does mySQL spped up if using multiple processsesin Linux?
 How about more memory?

I have a database which has about 15 queries (Select) /second on a
1-million record table and another 30000 (insert/update/delete)/day
on a 500,000 record table.

I already have a SCSI harddisk, PII-350 and 512M ram. Can mySQL
handle this volume of transactions (through PHP/Apache/RH5.2)

(We are using Informis currently on Solaris, but are going to move
away from that.)

...Shafir Ahmad <shafir@stripped>
http://MoreThanFun.Com/?sig   For Jokes that are More Than Fun.
Thread
Multiple CPU QuestionsFred Chen13 May
  • Multiple CPU QuestionsMichael Widenius13 May
    • Re: Multiple CPU Questionsunknown13 May
      • Re: Multiple CPU Questionsunknown13 May
        • Re: Multiple CPU QuestionsShafir13 May