List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wade Maxfield Date:March 16 1999 3:30pm
Subject:how do I get formatted output on command line?
View as plain text
  When I use mysql interface, and do a "select * from table", I get a very
nice formatted output. It boxes in the information and lines it up nicely.

  If I do "mysql database <sql_file", I get the same information, without
the formatting. Columns don't line up causing much confusion.

  I looked in the documentation, but could not find a reference to how to
format the output that goes to the command line.  I looked over the output
of mysql --help, but got lost.

  Anyone??

thanks,
wade

Thread
how do I get formatted output on command line?Wade Maxfield16 Mar
  • Re: how do I get formatted output on command line?Dan Nelson16 Mar