List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 4 2000 9:16pm
Subject:Re: Problem reading from a text file
View as plain text
At 5:01 PM -0400 04-04-2000, Margie Wiers wrote:
>Thanks, all, for your help, but I am *still* receiving error messages.
>(Yes, I do have mysql installed right on my C drive.  And member.txt is in
>MyDirectory.)
>
>C:\>mysql\bin\mysql mycolors < members.txt;
>File not found

That will only work if mysql\bin\mysql is located under your current
directory.  Specify the absolute path:

C:\> \mysql\bin\mysql mycolors < members.txt

And don't put the semicolon at the end of the command.  The semicolon
should be at the end of the contents of the file (after your
AUTO_INCREMENT = 100 at the end of your CREATE TABLE statement).

If that doesn't work, what happens if you type just:

C:\> \mysql\bin\mysql

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Problem reading from a text fileMargie Wiers4 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text filesinisa4 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text filePaul DuBois4 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileMargie Wiers4 Apr
    • Re: Problem reading from a text filePaul DuBois5 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileMargie Wiers4 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileSteve Ruby5 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileSteve Ruby5 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileMargie Wiers5 Apr
    • Re: Problem reading from a text filePaul DuBois5 Apr
    • Re: Problem reading from a text fileIan White5 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileSteve Ruby5 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text file -- solvedMargie Wiers5 Apr
RE: Problem reading from a text fileKeith Vance5 Apr