List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 4 2000 6:59pm
Subject:Re: Problem reading from a text file
View as plain text
Margie Wiers wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've created a table in a text file (profile.txt) and now cannot get the
> mysql client to read from this file.  According the the Manual (19.4) I
> should be able to do this.  This is what I've done (in DOS)
>
> mysql>use mycolors;
>
> mysql>mycolors < profile.txt;
>
> And this is always what I get
>
> ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax
>
> I've tried putting in the complete filepath, and using other variations, but
> can't get the mysql client to read this file.  Can anyone help?
>
> My setup is PHP 3.0.xx / MySQL 3.23.12 / Apache 1.3.11 on Win95 (yes, I
> know)

Assuming profile.txt contains sql statements, and not a delimited file, try:
mysql mycolors < profile.txt

Thread
Problem reading from a text fileMargie Wiers4 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileSteve Ruby4 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileGerald Clark4 Apr
RE: Problem reading from a text fileKeith Vance4 Apr