List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 4 2000 6:38pm
Subject:Re: Problem reading from a text file
View as plain text
At 1:42 PM -0400 04-04-2000, Margie Wiers wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I've created a table in a text file (profile.txt) and now cannot get the
>mysql client to read from this file.  According the the Manual (19.4) I
>should be able to do this.  This is what I've done (in DOS)
>
>mysql>use mycolors;
>
>mysql>mycolors < profile.txt;

"<" works from the DOS prompt, not from within the mysql program.
And your file would need to contain SQL statements.  If what your
file contains is just data rows that you want to read into a table,
use LOAD DATA LOCAL to read it into your table:

mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "profile.txt" INTO TABLE your_table_name;

You might need to supply field and line options on the statement, depending
on the format of your data.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Problem reading from a text fileMargie Wiers4 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text filesinisa4 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text filePaul DuBois4 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileMargie Wiers4 Apr
    • Re: Problem reading from a text filePaul DuBois5 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileMargie Wiers4 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileSteve Ruby5 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileSteve Ruby5 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileMargie Wiers5 Apr
    • Re: Problem reading from a text filePaul DuBois5 Apr
    • Re: Problem reading from a text fileIan White5 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text fileSteve Ruby5 Apr
  • Re: Problem reading from a text file -- solvedMargie Wiers5 Apr
RE: Problem reading from a text fileKeith Vance5 Apr