List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 13 1999 12:58am
Subject:Multiple CPU Questions
View as plain text
>>>>> "Fred" == Fred Chen <fred@stripped> writes:

Fred> Hi:
Fred> My company is using the newest version of Mysql on a large databases. We are
> thinking of using a multi CPU system (will be running Sun OS version 5.1) to host this
> database. Since I have not done this before, here are a couple questions. Your help is
> greatly appreciated.

Fred> 1. Is compiling the Mysql on a Multi-CPU system the same as a single CPU system?
> if not, where do I set the options?

There is no difference when compiling MySQL.

Fred> 2. How to take a advantage of the Multi CPU system to make the database run
> faster? How fast can it run compare to a single CPU system? I notice the Mysql
> documentation did mention that the Mysql can take advantage the multi CPU system. I just
> want to understand how to implement it.

Each connection uses a separate thread in Solaris.  This means that if
you run 2 threads that doesn't use the same resources they should both
run on their own CPU.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Multiple CPU QuestionsFred Chen13 May
  • Multiple CPU QuestionsMichael Widenius13 May
    • Re: Multiple CPU Questionsunknown13 May
      • Re: Multiple CPU Questionsunknown13 May
        • Re: Multiple CPU QuestionsShafir13 May