List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Chen Date:May 12 1999 11:54pm
Subject:Multiple CPU Question (revised)
View as plain text
 Hi:

Sorry,  I make a mistake on the last email. The platform we use is SUN OS 5.7 (not 5.1).
Below is the question:

My company is using the newest version of Mysql on a large databases. We are thinking of
using a multi CPU system (will be running Sun OS version 5.7) to host this database.
Since I have not done this before, here are a couple questions. Your help is greatly
appreciated.

1. Is compiling the Mysql on a Multi-CPU system the same as a single CPU system? if not,
where do I set the options?

2. How to take a advantage of the Multi CPU system to make the database run faster? How
fast can it run compare to a single CPU system? I notice the Mysql documentation did
mention that the Mysql can take advantage the multi CPU system. I just want to understand
how to implement it.

Thanks.

Fred

Thread
Multiple CPU Question (revised)Fred Chen13 May