List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:May 12 1999 10:03pm
Subject:Per User Password Administration
View as plain text
I'm using a PHP-enabled application to maintain time-billing information
for my company.  Many of these people will be first-time users of a
web-enabled application.  I'm trying to set it up, so the first time they
try to log in, it gives them the option of having their password mailed to
them.  (They already have a UNIX account).  I'll generate a random
password for their username, and mail it to them.
When they return, I want to give them the ability to change their
password.  Is their a way to do this on a per row basis in 3.22.21?  I
don't recall seeing that when I installed it.
My other option is to create a separate database and put very tight
programming around it so they can only access their own user information
without being able to affect other peoples' user information.  My concern
with this approach, is I'm bringing in a couple database programmers very
green, who understand dba to some degree, but not MySQL dba (grants, and
so forth).  This is also the reason I want to keep user administration out
of the native MySQL user table until per row security becomes available.
Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.  I'll post the application once
it's complete to a public ftp site.
Regards,
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com

Per User Password AdministrationVan13 May
  • Per User Password AdministrationMichael Widenius13 May
  • Re: Per User Password AdministrationChristian Mack14 May
  • PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationVan16 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password Administration (Never Mind)Van16 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationSasha Pachev17 May
    • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User PasswordAdministrationShafir17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationVan17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User PasswordAdministrationVan17 May
  • Re: PHP Tracking of Variables (was) Per User Password AdministrationSasha Pachev17 May
  • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseVan18 May
    • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseMichael Widenius22 May
    • Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseMichael Widenius22 May
  • Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Van18 May
    • Re: Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Thimble Smith18 May
  • Re: Now, How to sed on Perl Vars?Van19 May
Re: Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseVan18 May
  • Re: Parsing of Mail files into a DatabaseDaniel E. White18 May