List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 3 2000 1:48pm
Subject:Re: installing dbf2mysql
View as plain text
Richard Reina wrote:

> I trying to install dbf2mysql on redhat 5.2.  When I look at the README
> file it does'nt really give instructions about how to go about
> installing it.  What it does do is list bug warnings and version
> updates, but no celar instructions like:
>
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test
> make install
>
> When I try to run perl Makefile, I get a number of errors.  Can anyone
> help me, or perhaps point
> me in the direction of some clearer instructions/documentation.

You didn't say which dbf2mysql you were trying to install.
The one I am familiar with ( dbf2mysql-1.10d ) has nothing to do with perl.
The README file says to check the  Makefile to be sure
the proper options are set.
Then run 'make'.

The other one, I am not familiar with.

Thread
installing dbf2mysqlRichard Reina3 Apr
  • Re: installing dbf2mysqlGerald Clark3 Apr