List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 2 2000 8:53pm
Subject:Re: MySQL strangeness...
View as plain text
At 10:00 AM -0400 2000-04-02, Fraser MacKenzie wrote:
>Folks, I am doing some work for a company that is in the process of doing
>the paperwork and decision making to pay for MySQL support (I am not sure
>which level of support).  At any rate, we had the following strangeness
>happen last night.
>
>All connects, via PHP, C, or PERL, failed the first time with the
>connection lost message although through repeated attempts, sometimes they
>worked.  Intrigued by this, I attempted to connect manually via the
>mysqlclient.
>
>Here is the output:
>
>[root@odin /root]# mysql -uroot -p****** bingo
>Can't read dir of '.' (Errcode: 24)
>Can't read dir of './bingo' (Errcode: 24)
>Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
>Your MySQL connection id is 7652787 to server version: 3.22.29
>
>Type 'help' for help.
>
>mysql>
>
>Now, at this point, I basically shut down mysql, brought it back up, and
>everything was fine.  What I want to know, is if anyone has had this
>problem, and if somebody could tell me what might have caused it?  Is
>there something that I should do to provide more information if it happens
>again, etc....

This is just a guess, but my guess would be that someone was busy
relocating the data directory without bringing down the server first
and restarting it afterward.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Help Justifying MySQLChris Nichols28 Mar
  • Re: Help Justifying MySQLirena28 Mar
    • Re: Help Justifying MySQLThimble Smith28 Mar
      • Re: Help Justifying MySQLChris Nichols29 Mar
        • Re: Help Justifying MySQLsasha29 Mar
        • RE: Help Justifying MySQLGreg Donald29 Mar
        • Re: Help Justifying MySQLBarry L. Kline29 Mar
  • RE: Help Justifying MySQLindrek siitan28 Mar
  • Re: Help Justifying MySQL(sascha mantscheff)28 Mar
  • Interaction programingCristi Ion28 Mar
    • Re: Interaction programingAntoine Reid28 Mar
  • Re: Interaction programingSteve Ruby28 Mar
  • Re: Help Justifying MySQL(Harald Fuchs)29 Mar
RE: Help Justifying MySQLGerald R. Jensen29 Mar
RE: Help Justifying MySQLRalf Wierzbicki29 Mar
  • RE: Help Justifying MySQLFraser MacKenzie29 Mar
    • MySQL strangeness...Fraser MacKenzie2 Apr
      • Re: MySQL strangeness...sinisa2 Apr
      • Re: MySQL strangeness...Paul DuBois3 Apr
        • RE: MySQL strangeness...Matthew Clark3 Apr
  • Re: Help Justifying MySQLsasha30 Mar
  • Re: Help Justifying MySQLLaszlo G. Szijarto30 Mar
    • RE: Help Justifying MySQLChris Johnson30 Mar
      • RE: Help Justifying MySQLjcole30 Mar
        • Re: Help Justifying MySQLThimble Smith30 Mar
        • RE: Help Justifying MySQLChris Johnson30 Mar
          • Re: Help Justifying MySQLJeremy Cole4 Apr
      • Re: Help Justifying MySQLsasha30 Mar
Re: Help Justifying MySQLNick Zukin30 Mar
RE: Help Justifying MySQLRalf Wierzbicki30 Mar