List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Trown Date:May 12 1999 5:10pm
Subject:egcs, MySQL and internal compiler error
View as plain text

     Ok, I think I know the cause of the error and a fix.

	Cause: Not enough virtual memory.

	Soln: Increase the Swap space.

     When I last tried to build mysql on my linux box, I hadn't added the huge
swap partition I have.  I also use this box as a web search engine, so it
requires a HUGE amount of swapspace.

     Once I added the swapspace, egcs built MySQL just fine.

     I think that the error message that egcs produces is inadequate.  It
should say "virtual memory exceeded" instead of "Internal compiler error".

     Thanks to the member of this list who pointed out that the problem was
related to egcs compiling large files.  That prompted me to try again with the
larger swap space.  Note that I compiled it with all the optomizations(-O6)
turned on.

Chris...

--
What's the point?

An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is.
PGP fingerprint: 063FCE320681C336  78C164FC9B2F91EA
Thread
egcs, MySQL and internal compiler errorChris Trown12 May
  • Re: egcs, MySQL and internal compiler errorNobody12 May